Introducing Quebec City
The birthplace of French North America and the only walled city north of Mexico, Québec City is an open-air treasure that will delight history and culture buffs alike. Its European background and modern, North American character are set off by a blend of history, traditional and contemporary art, and French-language culture.
Quebec City at a Glance
● Founded in 1608 by Samuel de Champlain
● Cradle of French civilization in North America
● Capital city of a province of 8.2 million people
● A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985 thanks to historic Old Québec
● Seat of the province’s National Assembly
● 9,000 km2 in area
● 250 km northeast of Montréal
● Population 708,000 (Greater Québec City Area)
Download these apps at the App Store or Google Play to discover more about the Quebec City area.